Sodium Bicarbonate is the monosodium salt of carbonic acid with alkalinizing and electrolyte replacement properties. Upon dissociation, sodium bicarbonate forms sodium and bicarbonate ions. Ion formation increases plasma bicarbonate and buffers excess hydrogen ion concentration, resulting in raised blood pH.
18% GST and Transportation Charges are Extra.
Sodium Bicarbonate is a diazonium salt of carbonic acid with the chemical formula Na2CO3. It is also known as Soda crystals, soda ash, washing soda. This inorganic compound is water-soluble and when dissolved in water, it forms carbonic acid and sodium hydroxide.
Uses of Sodium Bicarbonate
- Sodium Bicarbonate is used in the manufacture of detergents, soaps, and paper.
- Also used in the manufacture of water glass (sodium silicate), borax, sodium phosphate, and many other sodium compounds.
- It is used as a wetting agent in the brick industry
- It is used as an abrasive and foaming agent in toothpaste
- It is used as a pH modifier
- It is used as a water softener – Hard water which consists of magnesium and calcium ions are precipitated by carbonate.
- As a laboratory reagent to standardize acids and as an analytical reagent.